• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

Android cachebox and Vectorial Maps

hulkman

Geocacher
Hello! First of all, sorry for writing in english, but I don't speak German (using the google translate feature to read the topics here)

I've been trying to get offline maps with themes on android cachebox, but did not succeed. I've the map displayed correctly, but can't make use of any theme (I wanted one with elevations shown) even following the instructions on the cachebox page.

Does anyone have the themes working? Is there anything I am missing here?

Thank you for your help.

arbor95

Geoguru
elevations are no part of vectorial maps, so you can't show them with a theme (they do not exist).

you must use an overlay that gets the elevation and activate that.

GeoSilverio

Geowizard
Olá hulkman!

as arbor wrote, you have to load an elevation-enabled map. In addition you have to enable "theme", to display all the information.

I just tried it with openandromaps:
http://www.openandromaps.org/en/

Here the steps I took:
1. Go to openandromaps.org and download the map you want, let's say: Portugal:
http://www.openandromaps.org/maps/europe/Portugal.zip

2. Download the theme. There are different themes on openandromaps, I prefer the "Elevate – Hiking, Cycling, Sightseeing" in 240DPI.
The L or XL Themes display symbols and other stuff very large but it depends on the resolution of your phone.
http://www.openandromaps.org/wp-content/users/tobias/Elevate.zip

3. Unzip the files in 2 different folder

4. Copy the "portugal.map" from the portugal.zip on your phone, to cachebox/repository/maps/

5. Insert a new folder an your phone, under the cachebox/repository/maps/-Folder named: "renderthemes"

6. Edit the *.xml-files of the extracted theme with a texteditor. You have to edit all the path-strings to the correct path.
The correct path depends on the cachebox-install-folder on your phone.
For me the following path matches:
"/mnt/sdcard/CacheBox/repository/maps/renderthemes/ele_res_xl/"
Search for the string:
src="file:
Replace with the string combined with the path to the renderthemes-folder. For me etwas:
src="file:/mnt/sdcard/CacheBox/repository/maps/renderthemes

I did this only with the file: "Elevate_Hiking.xml" because i use only this theme. If you want to try the other themes, you have to search-replace the same in these xml...

7. Copy the whole theme (*.xml AND the subfolder "ele_res") to you phone in:
CacheBox/repository/maps/renderthemes/

8. Start cachebox, go to maps and select the Portugal-map as Map Type.

9. Go to Settings - Skin - Daylight Theme and search for the "Elevate Hiking.xml" (or what you want to use...)
(Remember: You can select a file only if you have installed the OI-Filemanager. You can get it from the Play Store)

10. Now there should be elevation lines. :D
(maybe a cachebox-restart is needed?)

I hope this helps.
Looks like a lot of work, but it's done in about 5 Minutes.
In the future you can download and refresh new *.map-files, You don't have to do the other steps all the time.

Adeus!
GeoSilverio

cacheboxer

Geomaster
Danke, danke, danke, danke, danke. :gott: :gott: :gott:

Mit der Anleitung habe ich es jetzt endlich auch geschafft, die Freizeitkarte mit ACB zum laufen zu bringen, in weniger als 2 Minuten. Die Anleitung gehört ganz dringend ins Wiki!

GeoSilverio schrieb:
9. Go to Settings - Skin - Daylight Theme and search for the [...] xml

Und das war der Punkt, der mir bislang immer fehlte. Ist ja auch nicht unbedingt intuitiv :???:

OP
H

hulkman

Geocacher
I haven't installed the OI Explorer and wasn't understanding the part of the Day Theme. With your explanation it was smooth!

Thank you so much!

Oben